Saturday 2 October 2010

First Yellow-Browed Warbler, 28th september

I wanted to see my first Yellow-Browed Warbler of the year before october like I managed to do each year since I search siberian passerines on the Belgian coast.

The First YB warbler fas found Friday 24th september. During the weekend, the strong wind prevented us to search for passerines. The weathear looked very poor for the next weekend and there were lots of birds on monday (incl 4 YB warbler in Zeebrugge) thus I decided to go to Zeebrugge on Tuesday afternoon, the only time I had...I had only 5 hours to see a YB warbler and I didn't know if someone else was searching. I managed too found 1 at the Water Tower (maybe the same as the previous day). There were lots of other birds too :

60-70 robin
1 common and 1 black redstart
70-80 song trush
1 garden warbler
15-20 blackcap
5 willow warbler
30 chiffchaff
15 goldcrest
10 firecrest
5 pied flycatcher
lots of great, blue and some coal tits
10-15 brambling
26 siskins
1 hawfinh !

No comments:

Post a Comment